Let’s see today how you can back up your site!
Why You NEED To Back Up Your Site Regularly
- You could try to change something on your site & break it.
- You could get hacked.
- You could have a problem with your hosting and not be able to access your site.
- Or even gotten your site taken down for some reason.
Don’t you want to have your content backed up, at least?
How Often You Should Back Up Your Site
That depends on how often you work on your site, but since it’s a fairly easy process, I’d say once a week. It’s a decent amount of time.
Usually, I do it every Saturday, since I have Saturday for any weekly things I want to do for my site.
How To Back Up Your Site
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Go to Tools -> Export.
- Make sure that All content is selected.
- Click on Download Export File.
- Save your backup file (it’s an XML file) in a folder you created exclusively for back up.