Before we start writing a post, it’s an awesome idea to outline it.
Why You Should Outline Your Posts
- Natural flow
- Staying on point
- Easier to write the rest of your post
How To Outline Your Posts
- Pick a topic. – What do you want to write about?
- Create an awesome title. – It has to be inviting. People should WANT to click on your post.
- Decide the questions you want to be answered. – Your readers have questions about the topic you’re writing. What are they?
- Decide the sections. – Choose the questions you want to answer and divide them into sections.
- Break the sections into parts/steps. – Outline each section breaking it into steps or parts depending on the section.
- Make sure the flow is natural. – Read it out loud and see if the flow makes sense. Is this the order you’d use to talk to someone about this topic?
- Write the conclusion. – Knowing where you want to end up will give your article a direction. It’s like writing a story and knowing already the ending. You can leave hints along the way and make it more natural.