For now, it’s only you, but at some point, you may have more users in your site. But since it’s only you now, let’s see what you can change here for your account.
To manage your user accounts:
- Click Users on the left menu.
- Hover over the only user – you – that exists. It’s called admin. (In case you’ve never heard the word again, it’s short for administrator and it’s a user who has complete control over the system – in this case, your blog.)
- Click Edit.
What To Change
- Admin Color Scheme: Choose colours you like and you feel comfortable working with.
- Nickname: Choose the name you want to display as the author of your posts. It can be your name or a pen name you want to adopt.
- Display name publicly as: If you choose a nickname, you need to change the display name here.
- Email: If you want to change the email for this user at some point, here’s where you can do it. For now, you don’t really have to do something about it.
- Biographical Info: Have a short bio for you and a call to action. You may display this info somewhere in your site.
- Profile Picture: Here’s your profile image. You can change the profile image for the email you use creating a Gravatar account. (We’ll be doing it in a few days.)
Once you’re done, don’t forget to save the changes by clicking Update Profile at the end of the page!