Looking for new blog post ideas?
If you have a travel blog, then you’ll just love these! I’ll start with travel blog post ideas you can write after a trip and then I’ll give you some general ideas you can write about on your blog.
After a Trip
Here are some ideas you can write about every trip you do:
- Everything About The Culture Of The Country/City
- Top Places To Eat
- Top Places To Visit In The Country/City
- Top Monuments To Visit
- Tips On How To Behave Like A Local
- What You Shouldn’t Do When Going To This Place
- Where To Go Out In This City – And how to move around in the city: by bus, taxi, car, bike, on foot?
- Walkthrough Of Your Trip
- What You Should Have With You In This City
- What You Should Know Before Going To This Country – And vaccinations if necessary
- Foods To Avoid
- Food You Have To Try Out
- Where To Stay/Where Not To Stay
- Beginner’s Guide To This City/Country
- Gifts You Can Bring Back For Friends And Family
- What You’ll Keep From This Journey
- How To Spend A Night Out
- Your Trip In Photos
- Myths/Stereotypes About This Country – And which of them are true.
- How To Get A Visa For This Country
And now let’s talk about some non-destination specific topics you can write about:
- Top 10 Places To Visit In The World – I’ll start with the obvious, but every travelling blog should have this list.
- Tips On How To Travel Light/How To Pack For A Travel
- Tips When Flying/Driving /Using The Train, etc.
- How To Travel In Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn
- Travelling With Your Pet
- How To Travel With Friends Without Any Disasters
- How To Travel With Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Spouse Without Fighting
- How To Meet People When Travelling
- How To Communicate If You Don’t Understand The Language
- How To Make Money While Travelling
- What Equipment You Need To Have With You When Travelling
- What An Expert Traveler Should Know – What To Do In Each Situation, SOS Numbers For Each Continent, etc.
- Top Destinations For Couples/Friends/Family
- Pros And Cons Of Travelling Alone/With Friends/Kids/Your Better Half, etc.
- Best/Worst Travel Of Your Life
- How To Start Travelling If You Have No Money
- Awesome Places To Visit Without Spending Too Much
- Your Bucket List Of Places You Want To Visit
- Blogs For Travellers
- Awesome Books For People Who Travel A Lot
- Quotes For Travellers
- First Travel Experience
- How To Take Great Photos – Tips and online courses you recommend
- How To Organise A Trip
- Why You Should Travel At Least Once Every Year
- Where Your Love For Travelling Comes From
- Best Mountains/Beaches/Forests Around The World
- Travel Hacks
- Most Popular Destinations
- Overrated/Underrated Destinations
- Inside Jokes For Travellers
- Interview Bloggers/Youtubers you have met in your travels
- Contests – And if you can offer a trip as a reward, so much the better. Talk with companies that may want to sponsor this competition. A lot of companies would love some advertising.
- Giveaways – Give away little mementos from the places you travel
- Best Photos From Your Trips
- How To Keep A Healthy Relationship If You Travel A Lot
- Awesome Apps For Travellers
- How To Can Save Money For Travel
- When Is The Best Season To Travel?
- Tips To Stay Safe Wherever You Are
- How To Persuade Your Friends To Travel With You If They’re Stuck On Their Couch
- How To Use Social Media The Right Way
- Gifts For Travellers
- Talk About Your Hometown – Go around like a tourist and treat it as a place to visit (go to museums, monuments, take photos, etc.). Then write about your experience.
- How To Book Cheap Accommodations/Flights/Tickets
- How Long Before You Should Book Your Accommodation
- What To Take Into Account When Choosing A Destination
- What To Pack When You Go Hiking/To The Beach
- Best Self-Defence Classes/ Martial Arts For People That Travel Alone
- Tips On How To Learn A Language Fast
- Best Online Courses To Learn A Language
- Gadgets For Travellers
- How To Avoid Jetlag
- How To Deal With Asshole Co-Passengers
- What You Can Do When You’re Stuck In A Plane For X Hours
- Clothes You Can Wear In Every Country
- Travel Challenge – Create a challenge for your readers. For example, you can ask them to take a photo of them on their next trip while holding a sign with the name of your site. And you can give a prize to one of them – random selection is usually the fairest.
Don’t forget to set a deadline!
- How To Find The Right Hotel For You
- Accommodation Alternatives If You Don’t Want To Go To A Hotel
- Hotel VS Hostel VS Airbnb
- Hotel/Hostel/Airbnb Hacks
- What You Can Keep From Your Hotel Room
- What You Can Ask For The Flight Attendants Without Being A Jerk
- Get Rid Of Your Fear For Planes
- Best Honeymoon Destinations
- Best Places To Get Married
- How Not To Fight In Your First Travel With Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend
- Couchsurfing: Is It Safe/Worth It?
- What You Hate About Travelling
- What You Love To Hate About Travelling
- What You Love About Travelling
- Awesome Celebrations Around The World
- Seeing A Biggish Astronomical Event – Your Personal Experience
- FAQ About Travelling
- Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling
- Best Islands To Visit
- Your Dream Destination
- Top Places To Go Stargazing
- How To Not Get Lonely When Travelling
- How To Start A Travel Blog
So here are a few ideas you can use for your next post. Choose one of these and leave us the link below. We’d love to read your post!
Let me know what you think about my list and, if you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer! Any suggestions are always welcome, so tell me about topics you’d like me to write.
And if you liked this, check out a few ways to find ideas for your blog.
See you next time!