Searching for gifts for aspiring writers?
Well, I have here more than 200 gifts for aspiring writers. I’m sure you’ll find one your friend will love! I’ll start with the most common ones and I’ll leave the most unique for the end. After all, we save the best for last, right?
- Novel Journals: Right now, I have the Pride & Prejudice one.
- Black Paper Journal
- Personalised Coloured Leather Journal
- Another Personalised Coloured Leather Journal
- Turquoise Sketchbook
- Junk Journal Diary
- Wooden Notebook
- Custom Blank Notebook
- Personalised Engraved Soft Leather Notebook
- Back to School Notebook Set & Storage Tin (Set of 12)
- Travel Notebook, Colourful Upcycled Postage Stamp Art
- Hardbound Personalised Notebook with Unique Acrylic Painted Cover (There’s a variety of them)
- Quill Pen
- Engraved Pen in Irish bog oak
- Fountain Pen with tie clip in a personalised engraved gift box
- Gold Cross Pen
- Ebonite Fountain Pen
- Wooden Pen in Irish bog Oak and Copper
- Ernest Hemingway Engraved Quote Pen (“in Order to Write About Life, First You Must Live it.”) (There are more quotes)
- Purple Pen with triple feather
- Personalised Pen
- Writer(noun): a peculiar organism capable of transforming caffeine into books
Sleep. Write. Repeat.
- I’m silently correcting your grammar.
- Writer Ingredients
- I’m plotting against you. I’m a writer, it’s what I do.
- This bitch writes.
- Keeping it old school
- Be bold or italic. Never just regular.
- Future bestselling author
- I make stuff up
- I am a writer. Everything you say or do may end up in my novel.
- Be careful or you’ll end up in my novel
- It’s a good day to write
- “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. – Benjamin Franklin”
- Alice in Wonderland Dialogue
- 100 ways to say ‘said’
- Vintage typewriter patent posters – Set of 4
- Retro Typewriter
Necklaces & Pendants
- Reading Dictionary Charm
- Skyrim Steampunk
- Spilled Ink Resin
- Spilled Ink Resin Square
- Stamped Necklace
- Feather Quill pen in Ink
- Key to Success Book
- Miniature Book in a glass dome
- Typewriter Key
- Best Friends Charm Necklace Set
- “The secret of it all is to write…without waiting for a fit time or place. – Walt Whitman”
- Purple Leather Book
- Scout & Boo Feather
- Down the Rabbit Hole
- Tan Book Stack
- Tan Leather Book
- Charm bracelet 1
- Charm bracelet 2
- Silver Pave Heart
- The Great Gatsby Bracelet
- Book Lover Bracelet
- “Just One More Chapter”
Other Jewellery and Accessories
- Feather Brooch
- The Owl And The Pussycat Brooch
- Quotation Mark Cufflinks
- Pen Nib Lapel Pins
- Quill Lapel Pin
- Pen Nib Cufflinks
- Bookworm Ring
- Feather Lapel Pin
You can make a custom mug and write an inspirational quote on it. Here are some quotes for bloggers. Or you can get one of these mugs.
- Look at you becoming an author and shit
- I figuratively die because you literally abuse words
- There. They’re. Their. It’ll be okay (If you know the difference)
- My degree in literature makes me highly qualified to judge everyone.
- World’s shittiest writer
- I used to wonder why a loving and all-powerful god would allow terrible things to happen to good people. Then I became a writer.
- Writer’s block: When your imaginary friends won’t talk to you
- Funny Grammar Mug
- Fonts Matter
- Write drunk. Edit sober.
- Write Drunk.
Edit Sober.Outsource that shit.
- Editors Alcohol Judges Venn Diagram
- Up and coming best selling author
- Being a writer is easy. It’s like riding a bike except the bike is on fire, you’re on fire, everything is on fire and you’re in hell.
- This is what a published author looks like. (That’s an awesome gift if your friends just wrote their first book. – I plan to give this to a friend when she’ll have her first book presentation!)
- Every great writer was once as shitty as you.
- To-do list: Step 1 – Write my first book. Step 2 – Conquer the world.
- Please do not annoy the writer. She may put you in a book and kill you.
- Personalised Author Logo Writers Mug
- Ask me about my book (No, really)
- Now you know what an awesome writer looks like.
- Caution! Highly caffeinated writer
- Fuck off. I’m writing.
- Pay no attention to my browsing history. I’m a writer, not a serial killer.
- Funny Gift for Screenwriters
- Be careful or you’ll end up in my novel
- Typewriter case
- Creativity takes courage
- Shakespeare quotes
- Writing is my therapy
- Writing is the painting of the mind
- Sorry, a super hot journalist already got the scoop on me (on white letters)
- Sorry, a super hot journalist already got the scoop on me (on black letters)
- Open books
- Books Pattern
- Alice in Wonderland Writing Gloves
- Anne of Green Gables Writing Gloves
- Peter Pan Writing Gloves
- The Raven Writing Gloves
- Turquoise Tassel Bookmark
- Pink Tassel Bookmark
- “Dream big because dreams do happen” metal bookmark
- Owl bookmark
- Once Upon A Time: A storytelling card game
- The Amazing Story Generator: Creates Thousands of Writing Prompts
- Sugar Porridge Spoons
- The Writer’s Toolbox: Creative Games and Exercises
- Tabletop Wargames: A Designers’ and Writers’ Handbook
- Tell a Story Writer’s Box – Create a Story Game
- The Storymatic Classic
- The Game of Things
- Gamewright Rory’s Story Cubes
- Writer Emergency Pack
Software for Writers
- Amazon Kindle Spy
- Grammarly Premium
- Meditation app (I use Headspace)
- Anything good from their favourite genre
- Character Reactions from Head to Toe
- The Miracle Morning for Writers: How to Build a Writing Ritual That Increases Your Impact and Your Income
- Drink with the Great Drinkers Shot Glasses
- Writer’s Market 2020: The Most Trusted Guide to Getting Published
- Novel Planning Workbook
- Do It Later! a 2020 Planner (or Non-Planner) for the Creative Procrastinator
- The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Expression
- Typerwriter coaster set
- Custom jigsaw puzzle
- “If there’s a book that you want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it. – Toni Morrison” clock
- Buried Treasure Bottle
- Writer Pencils
- Grammar Plates
- “Ssh! Writer having lightbulb moment” sign
- “Novelist at Work” Warning Sign
- Typewriter keyring
- Aluminum Water Bottle
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Folded Book Art Sculpture
- Boxed Letter Writing Kit
- Character Development Journal
- Writer Beach Towel
- Personalized Quote Block
- Forged feathers
- Conceal Shelf Merch
- woodpecker bird bookends
- Wide-Eyed Owl Bookends
- Katana Bookends
- Arrow Bookends
- Retro Circles Cards
- Novel Teas
- Pen Holder
- Pinback Button
- Pen Nib Pocket Watch
- Gift Cards (Starbucks/Amazon, etc.)
- Personalized Writer’s Block
- The Writer’s Map: An Atlas of Imaginary Lands
- Wood Carving Inkwell with Cobalt Blue Crystal Ink Pot
- Retro Keyboard
- Retro Backlist Keyboard
- Calligraphy Set with Dip Pens, Nibs, Ink, Paper
- Kindle Unlimited
- Bookbinding Kit
- 100 Books Bucket List Scratch-Off Poster
- Desktop Organiser
- Foldable LED Book Light
- Rocking chair for inside or outside (Great for reading and/or relaxing)
- Whiteboard (for outlining their stories)
- Cork Bulletin Board (if they prefer to write their outlines on paper)
- Letter Opener
Awesome Unique Gifts
There’s also a more plain version without the sunrise simulation.
- Magic Beans
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook: If they’re a fan, they’ll love it! And even if they’re not, maybe they’ll love it anyway!
- Aqua Notes
- Bathtub Trays (I will never have anything electronic on it while I’m bathing, but writing on one is really great and relaxing)
- Height Adjustable Standing Desk Converter
- Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Comfort Floor Mat
- Ergonomic chair (It’d be better to let the writer choose one. There are a lot of different ones and each person prefer different features)
- Magnetic Notebook (Rearranging notes easily)
- Business Cards (You can use Canva to make cards. If your writer friend doesn’t have business cards, this is a great gift.)
- Wine Charms
- Wine Glass Writer Markers (Great for parties & book presentations)
- Scribe Delivery
- The Garsdale Retreat
- A trip to a dream destination
- Writing Magazine subscription
- Help them to start their own blog – get them a domain name! If they have a penname, you can use this, or the first/last name combo. It’s better to ask them first, though. Maybe they have a preference. If they’re beginners at this, you may gift them some courses on how to use their site effectively and how to make money from it.
Ok, that was it. That’s every gift I found for a writer. I’m sure, though, that I couldn’t find a lot more, so tell me anything else you can find and I’ll add it to my list (with a mention to you, of course. 😀 )
Let me know what you think about my gift ideas and, if you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer! Any suggestions are always welcome, so tell me about topics you’d like me to write.
And if you liked this, you may want to check out some gifts for bloggers.
See you next time!