100. Drink With The Great Drinkers
- Byron: “Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is intoxication.”
- Wilde: “Work is the curse of the drinking class.”
- Yeats: “The problem with some people is that when they’re not drunk, they’re sober.”
- Parker: “I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.”
- Churchill: “I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.”
- Baudelaire: French quote “Il est l’heure de s’enivrer! Pour n’etre pas les esclaves martyrises du temps, enivrez-vous; enivrez-vous sans cesse!” – It means something like: It is the hour to be drunk! So as not to be the martyred slaves of time, be drunk! Be drunk, be drunk without ceasing!
Awesome Special Gifts
131. Magazine Subscription
Did you know that writers have their own magazine? And it’s not even expensive. Plus, writers can use it to advertise their book if they have published one!
132. A Trip To A Dream Destination
A lot of people have a bucket list with dream destinations but they keep postponing going to them.
So ask your friend where they’d like to go and arrange a trip. Even if it’s somewhere close, they’ll love it!
133. The Garsdale Retreat
The Garsdale Retreat is a creative writing centre. I don’t think I can do it justice when I describe it, so…
134. Help Them Start Their Own Blog
Having their own blog means that they can share what they’ve done with the world, connect with the readers and promote their work. If your friend just started writing, that’d be an awesome gift!
Depending on how much you can spend, you can help them by getting them:
- A domain name – If they have a pen name, you can use this, or their first/last name combination. It’s better to ask them first, though. Maybe they’d prefer something else.
- Courses on how to start their blog and how to make money from it – If they’re beginners at this, you may want to go with this option.
Ok, that was it. That’s every gift I found for a writer. I’m sure, though, that there are several I couldn’t find, so tell me anything else you can find and I’ll add it to my list (and I’ll mention you, of course! )
So… what do you think about these gifts? Go ahead and let me know in the comments below!
See you next time!